In this episode of Legit Podcast Pro, host Gordon Firemark, the podcast lawyer, delves into the legal intricacies of interviewing guests who are also your clients. From confidentiality to conflicts of interest, Gordon provides insights and advice to navigate the complexities of this situation. He also addresses the issue of pay-to-play podcasting and the importance of clear disclosures. Tune in to this informative episode to learn how to handle interviews with clients and maintain legal compliance in your podcasting endeavors.
- Introduction to the episode and host, Gordon Firemark, the podcast lawyer.
- Explanation of the topic: interviewing clients as podcast guests and the legal considerations involved.
- Gordon shares a question from a fellow podcaster, Dave, who wants to invite clients onto his podcast.
- Discussion about the need for disclosure when clients are interviewed on a podcast.
- Exploring scenarios where a client may unintentionally disclose confidential information.
- The importance of obtaining the client's consent through a podcast release form.
- The role of endorsement and social proof in having clients as guests.
- Addressing the implications of pay-to-play podcasting, where guests pay to appear on the show.
- Clear and conspicuous disclosure requirements set by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Recommendation for a disclosure statement to use during the episode.
- Demonstrating proper placement of disclosure statements throughout the podcast episode.
- The significance of transparency in building trust with the audience.
- Hosting a free workshop announcement: "Business and Legal Fundamentals for Podcast Growth and Profit." Register at https://gpf.link/podcastlaw
- Encouragement to ask questions about podcasting business and legal topics for future episodes.
- Conclusion and closing remarks from Gordon Firemark, the podcast lawyer.
This episode is sponsored by Gordon Firemark's free workshop, "Business and Legal Fundamentals for Podcast Growth and Profit." Register at https://gpf.link/podcastlaw.
Remember to follow Gordon Firemark on social media for more insights and updates. Stay tuned for the next episode of Legit Podcast Pro!
Find the legal forms and templates your podcast needs at Podcast Law Forms.
For more resources for podcasters, visit https://gordonfiremark.com
Get The Podcast, Blog & New Media Producer's Legal Survival Guide at http://podcastlawbook.com